Metrix Marketing recognises that all businesses have an impact on the environment
in a variety of different ways. We are committed to the continual improvement of
our environmental performance in relation to our service and operations.
We have identified the following key environmental impacts associated with our business:
- Waste disposal.
- Consumption of energy, paper and other resources.
- Business-related travel.
The company is committed to reducing these and other impacts and to the continual
improvement of our environmental performance. To help achieve this, we were a founder
member of the Business & Environment Management Scheme and are now a member of its
successor – Investors in the Environment – working towards ‘green’ level accreditation.
As part of our membership we set targets for environmental indicators (paper use,
business mileage, etc) and put in place procedures to ensure that we meet them.
In outline, those procedures include:
- Using email rather than printed communication when possible.
- Using both sides of each sheet of paper when things must be printed.
- Using scrap paper for internal drafts.
- Separating our rubbish for recycling.
- Turning off electrical equipment which is not in use.
- Running winter heating at the minimum temperature compatible with
- Using public transport whenever it is viable in terms of time and
The list is not exhaustive. The principle is simple – minimise our environmental
impacts wherever possible without having a negative impact upon efficiency or client
We are committed to working with our staff, customers, suppliers, investors, contractors,
regulatory bodies and others to achieve the following objectives:
- Meet and where possible exceed all environmental regulations relevant
to our organisation and its activities.
- Increase cost-effectiveness by reducing our consumption of energy
- Reduce waste and pollution both locally and in the wider environment.
- Systematically assess all aspects of our company.
- Endeavour to use suppliers which are environmentally friendly and
purchase items made from recycled or recyclable materials.
- Set targets for measurable annual improvements.
- Make our progress available for independent assessment.
It is the responsibility of all employees and contractors to fully support this
policy through active participation and co-operation.